Tighten parts management processes to help increase operational efficiency across your business, improve customer service, and reduce inventory and distribution costs with Parts Management in DealershipDynamics.
Increased automation and item tracking capabilities help you improve inventory accuracy and better match the goods you have on hand with customer demand. DealershipDynamics helps you manage your entire parts inventory pin-pointing exactly where your parts are and where they're going, which have been superseded and if there are substitutions or cross-referenced parts.
DealershipDynamics increases parts and warehouse control and visibility to a level unmatched in the industry.
- Help reduce purchasing and inventory costs. Connect inventory control, purchasing, and sales order processing with demand planning and help reduce costs, improve cash flow, and help ensure that you have the right stock available when you need it.
- Gain visibility into inventory processes. Effectively balance availability with demand and track items and their possible expiration dates throughout the supply chain to help minimize on-hand inventory, optimize replenishment, and increase warehouse efficiency.
- Improve customer satisfaction. Make more accurate order promises and intelligent last-minute exceptions with access to up-to-date inventory information. Respond quickly and knowledgably to customer queries for improved customer service.
- Reduce time to market. With integrated order, inventory, and distribution processes, as well as item tracking capabilities, your business can reduce manual data entry and get your goods to market fast.
- Parts Replenishment: Choose a replenishment system based on a methodology of a parts cost, average piece/transaction and activity level over a specific period or a simple min-max system to help optimize your parts order process.
- Parts Costing: Understand item costs throughout your warehouse and distribution processes. Break down costs according to repair part types. Efficiently manage sales and purchase prices and line discounts with customers and vendors.
- Parts Receive Discrepancy: Easily identify and manage a variety of receiving discrepancies (i.e. overages, shortages, damage, substitutions, wrong and cancelled) with full tracking capabilities.
- Returns Management: Process returned inventory and account for additional costs. Automatically organize credit memos, replacement goods, returns to vendors, and partial or combined return of shipments or receipts. Exact cost reversal helps increase inventory accuracy.
- Parts Substitutions and Supersessions: Instantly offer customers a "system suggested" alternative part when those they want have been replaced, are out of stock, or if the alternatives can be provided less expensively with a higher profit margin.
- Core Management: Control all aspects of the core lifecycle management process from the point of purchase to adding them to the work-order. Benefit with effective core management with the customer and suppliers.
- Internal Pick/Put-Away: Pick or put away items and debit or credit inventory records independently of purchase receipts, sales, or other source documents to help maintain accurate inventory records even when you access items for testing, display purposes, or other internal or operational needs.
- Centralized Warehousing: Easily manage items individually per location or across multiple locations. By grouping items into stockkeeping units, items can be described and managed individually per location—including replenishment methods, safety stock, and costs.
- Consignment Inventory: Control and manage inventory at customer sites enabling them to benefit from immediate access to spare parts maximizing equipment uptime.
- Price File Imports: Effortlessly manage parts from multiple suppliers and manufacturers through automated vendor price file imports for dynamic system price and availability updates.
- Inventory Trackin:g Trace serialized equipment and accessories to quickly determine where equipment was purchased, rented or sold.
- Automatic Email Notifications: The ability to generate e-mail messages to alert your people, suppliers, or partners to changes in critical inventory levels, order status, or replenishment needs.
- Parts Price Inquiry: Provide instant retail or customer-discounted parts pricing for one or more items. Import your long list of parts for added flexibility and convenience. Instantly create a parts order or add to an existing service order.
Create a competitive edge with superior customer service operations that build customer loyalty while fueling profitability.
Service Management in DealershipDynamics can help your organization respond to customer service requests, organize resources for maximum efficiency, and boost customer satisfaction. Tightly integrated information can give you the insight you need to make profitable decisions about the costs, inventories, workloads, and financial returns of your service operation.
- Enhance operational efficiency. Create a more productive work environment with tighter control over parts inventories, costs, workloads, and task prioritization.
- Help improve service order management. Streamline the generation, dispatch, completion, and invoicing of service orders and more easily specify and track parts consumption when you have improved access to up-to-date information about contract agreements, pricing, task prioritization, and the skills and workloads of service technicians or teams.
- Effectively manage contracts. Set up and track warranties and service level agreements (SLAs) and contractual service periods or response times so your people can automate related service orders, capture data on contract fulfillment and history, and help ensure more profitable quotes and agreements.
- Build customer loyalty. Become a more valued supplier when your people can provide proactive service, consider customer histories and preferences in dispatch decisions, and implement customer-specific pricing and discounts.
- Price Management: Set up and maintain flexible service prices including fixed minimums or maximums, customer-specific pricing, diverse types of charge, and price groups.
- Service Order Management: Capture information to quote or quickly create service orders based on customer requests or after-sales issues, or accept the system-generated suggestions to open an order based on periodic service or contract obligations. Then easily log service order details including creation and completion for complete records and profitability management.
- Dispatch Management: Quickly select a technician based on availability and skill-set then assign service orders to best utilize available resources. Once assigned, email notification is sent to the technician with required service order information. Capture response and finishing dates and times. Prioritize and escalate tasks as needed with clear insight into open service orders, contract commitments, and technician workloads. Dispatch by branch locations or with the option to centralize dispatching.
- Equipment and Component Service Histories: Register and track serviced equipment, including site locations, components, loaned equipment, and repair or replacement history. Accelerate troubleshooting by capturing previous service activities and providing guidelines and procedures for solving future service issues.
- Powerful Reports: Access, analyze, and understand the performance and profitability of service operations quickly by generating reports on performance measures such as current open service orders, response rates, and service item and contract profitability.
- Time Tracking: Easily capture, validate, track, review and approve technician revenue and non-revenue hours. Track by service order, service item and segment. This data provides for effective labor analysis, management and utilization reporting.
- Maintenance Contract Management: Manage the operational and financial aspects of a contractual relationship. Profitability is tracked on a per-contract basis. Various contract models are supported, including full coverage agreements and warranty agreements. Set up contracts with flexible periods, automatic renewals and invoicing. Easily analyze profitability and timely performance of maintenance services.
- Warranty Claim Management: Track several warranty periods for parts and equipment. Manage the claim return process with the OEM that is linked to the financials for real-time status and profitability.
- Subcontractor Management: Capture key subcontractor information to easily manage, track and analyze sublet labor costs.
Rental Fleet Management
Stay in full control of your entire fleet of rental equipment. Know the status of your rented assets immediately, anywhere – real time!!
Rental Management in DealershipDynamics provides the ultimate in ease and flexibility in rental fleet operations. It helps you manage your entire rental inventory from precise equipment availability and location to rapid equipment check-out and check-in using wireless barcode functionality. As an enterprise and fully integrated solution, data is entered in once updating the entire system instantaneously. Respond to customer requests, complete rental orders or review total rental fleet utilization in real time, by easily and quickly clicking through vital details.
- Improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. Respond quickly and knowledgably to customer inquiries for improved customer service.
- Increased Business. Become a more valued supplier when your people can provide proactive service, consider customer histories and preferences in rental decisions, and implement customer-specific pricing and discounts.
- Reduce order cycle time and optimize business processes. A rental quote wizard can quickly find the equipment and produce a quotation that can quickly be emailed to the customer. Scanning devices are used to conveniently check-out and check-in rental equipment vastly reducing data entry time and errors.
- Online self service web portal. Customers can conveniently browse equipment, obtain important account information or request new or additional rental units.
- Gain 360-degree visibility into your rental assets. Complete rental equipment statistics are maintained and instantly updated with each transaction. Comprehensive rental product history is available by day, week, month, quarter or year with full drill-down capability to all related source records.
- Flexible Rental Periods: Users can create an unlimited number of rental periods to meet customer business requirements. Typical periods are day, week or month defined by an on-screen calendar.
- Flexible Rental Terms: Choose between hourly, daily, weekly or monthly rate plans combined with "fixed" or "optimized" pricing structure and discounted rates. Select from a number of different invoicing frequency periods from fixed days to semi-yearly.
- Track Overtime Hours: If selected, overtime hours can be tracked and billed at defined "overtime" hour rates.
- Rental & Sales Transactions on a Single Order: Rental orders can also include sales of inventory items.
- Rental Wizard: A quick and intuitive method to check availability and simplify contract creation.
- Powerful Reports: Access, analyze and understand the performance and profitability of your rental operations quickly by generating reports on performance measures such as utilization and average contract discounting.
- Graphical View of Hourly or Daily Rental Contracts: View all available rental equipment and quickly drill-down and quickly view the units service and rental history including asset details. By selecting an available unit, initiate the wizard and quickly create a rental quotation that you can immediately email to your customer.
- Calendar View of Rental Equipment Availability: View all available rental equipment and quickly drill-down and view the units service and rental history including asset details. By selecting an available unit, initiate the wizard and quickly create a rental quotation that you can immediately email to your customer.
- Scan Trucks Out & In: Improve accuracy and save valuable time by using wireless Scanner/PDA's to capture key equipment information and updating the contract automatically while checking rental equipment out for delivery or in for checking equipment in for inspection.
- Unlimited Comment Lines: Unlimited comment lines are available for both the rental contract header detail and individual equipment line detail.
- Automatic Email Notification: Email notifications are automatically sent to alert key personnel of specific equipment status changes within active rental contracts.
- Rental Equipment Drill-down: At any time, easily drill-down into rental equipment details, specifications, configurations and service history.
- Multiple & Unlimited Methods of Depreciation: Users can setup and use many sets of depreciation books as needed for their dealership. GAAP or book method of depreciation is recorded through to the G/L whereas other methods are recorded in memo form only. Asset tracking includes complete maintenance history and cost with the ability to track insurance coverage on equipment.
New & Used Equipment Sales Management & Made-to-Order Configurator
Does your sales staff have writer's cramp? Unfortunately, many salespeople at equipment dealerships do because they spend too much time using calculators and handwriting their proposals and equipment orders…until now.
Energize sales, boost margins and enhance customer service with DealershipDynamics and its integrated and powerful yet flexible sales quotation and OEM configurator management program that easily adapts to a wide range of industries and user requirements. DealershipDynamics is ideal for dealerships that sell new or used equipment and issue sales quotations-to-orders as part of their revenue generating activity.
Effectively streamline the process of generating made-to-order new or used equipment quotations and converting them to equipment orders. Within minutes, print or email professional looking Word quotations in any language that include pre-calculated options such as trade-ins, finance programs and special maintenance packages complete with your standard terms and conditions and cover letter. Convert valid sales quotations to orders as DealershipDynamics automatically uses inventory or issues a vendor purchase order to complete the order as required.
- Gain a competitive edge and increase business. Respond quickly and knowledgeably to customer inquiries each and every time with professionally designed quotations for improved customer service.
- Reduce order cycle time and optimize business processes. Pre-defined equipment features and accessories make creating a quote quick, easy and error-free. The automatic order fulfillment process vastly reducing data entry time and errors.
- Minimize equipment knowledge required by the sales department. Using management designed quotation templates and pre-defined equipment features and accessories reduce the technical product knowledge and quotation design skill required by your sales staff.
- Standardize quoting procedures for sales staff. Standardized quoting allows for more accurate quoting with few errors, better account continuity and improved communication between sales representatives.
- Microsoft Office Integration. Quotations from DealershipDynamics are created in Microsoft Word allowing for easy editing or personalizing of documents. Quotation documents are saved on the server or on your PC - or both.
- Ease of Use – Makes the DealershipDynamics sales management and made-to-order configurator a great program for both advance and novices users and a powerful tool for management.
- Microsoft CRM integration – Use all of the features and mobility of the world’s leading Customer Relationship Management software to create equipment quotations. Track equipment sales pipelines, equipment orders and quotas right in CRM.
- Intuitive Quote Creation: Easily create equipment quotes complete with model-specific feature of design details and customer requested accessories.
- Optional Quotation Programs: Each quotation can include detailed descriptions and pre-calculated amounts for options such as trade-ins, leasing and special long and short term service maintenance programs.
- Sales Summary Statement: View the profit-loss and commission summary worksheet at any time.
- Microsoft Office Integration: Quotes are generated directly into Microsoft Word complete with an equipment picture for full editing capability or personalization before printing or emailing. Quotations are saved centrally on a server, on the user's PC – or both.
- Price Control: Interactively adjust margins or apply discounts. Include PDI, delivery or other charges as required.
- Price Protection: Protect quoted prices for a pre-determined period of time.
- Generate Quotations in Different Currency: Generate quotations in the currency of choice.
- Multi-language: Produce quotations in French, English or any other language.
- Auto Customer Credit Validation: The sales quotation process includes a system-wide credit check process with required authorization process.
- Online Price Book: Electronic importing of data from any supplier or other source for quick picking to maintain costs, margins, pricing and part numbers.
- Automatic System Update: Once accepted, new equipment service items are automatically set up on the customer account making these details available and ready for use by service and any other department with your dealership.
- Flexible Commission Structure: Define a custom sales department commission structure and automatically create a commission report.
- Powerful Reports: Access, analyze and understand the performance and profitability of your sales operations quickly by generating reports on performance measures such as quote summary by model/region and sales scorecard.
- ITA Reporting: Effortlessly generate regular Industrial Truck Association (ITA) reporting.
- Microsoft CRM Integration: Customer details, sales quotation and sales order information is easily integrated with Microsoft CRM 4.0 for the ultimate in opportunity and campaign management and overall customer relationship management.
Planned Maintenance Contract Management
DealershipDynamics automates your planned maintenance scheduling and creation of service orders that significantly increases operational efficiency and revenue.
DealershipDynamics solution includes a feature-rich and fully automated planned maintenance contract management system specifically designed for equipment dealerships with one or more locations that provide planned maintenance service programs for customer or corporate owned equipment (ie. rental or leased fleet equipment) located at customer sites. Each customer planned maintenance contract is individually defined including details such as the equipment to be serviced, service types, rates and frequency.
Based on the contract details and OEM recommended specifications, a variety of predefined service work orders are automatically created and printed for distribution to assigned service technicians. Upon completion of the specific work order the system automatically schedules when the next work order for the same equipment should be created. Powerful reporting displays completed, open or rescheduled work orders by technician or dealership branch. See the revenue received as well as the anticipated revenue. Easily review the planned maintenance service history of each truck, next scheduled service date or the breakdown of all contracted equipment by brand and type.
- Gain a competitive edge and increase business. Respond quickly and knowledgeably to customer inquiries each and every time with professionally designed quotations for improved customer service.
- Reduce work order cycle time and optimize business processes. Using OEM recommended service intervals and checklists; the correct work order is automatically created based on equipment brand and type. The entire process of managing planned maintenance contracts reduces data entry time, is quick and error free. Work orders are created and tracked on schedule each and every time and can never be forgotten.
- Ease of Use – Makes the DealershipDynamics planned maintenance contract management a powerful resource for management yet easy to use for contract administrators and users.
- Integration – Every created planned maintenance work order is a service order within the service management section to easily log service order completion for complete records and profitability management.
- Contract Management: Easily create a planned maintenance contract for customer equipment and sub-components, internal fleets or equipment. Quickly add new equipment as needed or select from existing customer equipment in DealershipDynamics. Quotations can be generated and sent to customers by email or fax.
- Flexible Contract Definition: Define and create a variety of contract template types such as bronze, gold and platinum or full maintenance and rental fleet.
- Flexible Frequency Definition: PM service order intervals can be fixed or usage-based based on OEM suggestions or as required. Different schedules and frequencies for main component and sub-component items are supported.
- Service Order Generation: System automatically creates a PM service order and generates an associated and equipment-type specific PM service worksheet based on contract frequency and equipment type complete with customer coordinates and equipment detail. Unlimited equipment-type worksheets can be created and used.
- Service Order Distribution: System generated PM service order worksheets can be sent to technicians electronically or printed for distribution. Once the work has been performed, PM service orders are quickly completed for billing while the system automatically schedules the next due PM service due date.
- Service Order Statistics & Audit Trail: Complete PM statistics are maintained and immediately updated with each transaction. Track open, closed and re-scheduled service orders. An audit trail of all work orders is automatically recorded in the system and is available to drill down at all times.
- Resource Management: Graphically review work order assignments and status by service technician and manage technical resources as needed.
- PM Service Planning Board: Review upcoming scheduled planned maintenance service calls to confirm the service appointment or re-schedule the work as necessary before creating the PM service orders.
- Comprehensive Dashboard Analysis & Reporting: Powerful reporting and dashboard views displays key performance indicators and service order status and history by truck, technician or by dealership branch.
Training Program Management
Powerful functionality for training class scheduling and resource management explicitly designed for the equipment dealership industry.
Training can be an important and valuable service that your organization provides; you need a comprehensive, robust solution to manage the scheduling of training courses and the resources to conduct them at various locations. Create and define courses having the option to select trainers based on course eligibility and availability. Have the system automatically define the duration of the course and add students as required. Detailed training score cards are printed for each student prior to the course and are given to the trainer to complete upon completion of the course outlining the students score.
Completed training sheets are updated in the system to provide student history and automatic follow up re-certification notices at the pre-defined interval. A full complement of reports and dashboards are available to display information such as course revenue, trainer utilization, trainer and course calendars, student history as well as revenue by program type. The DealershipDynamics training program management module delivers you a solution that saves you valuable time and is easy to use.
Finance Management »
- Improves customer service and increases business. Respond quickly and knowledgeably to customer inquiries. Have the system inform you what upcoming re-certifications are required and for what students enabling follow up reminder notices.
- Eliminate scheduling conflicts – Does not allow double-bookings. Find eligible trainers and locations.
- Save time and Eliminate Hassles – Pre-defined courses, duration, eligible trainers and schedules make the system easy to use to save time and eliminate hassles.
- Drill down into important data - The creation and completion of student score cards provides important data to measure important course key performance indicators.
- Training Course and Schedule Management Easily create a training course schedules managing locations, trainers and student enrollment. Assign training resources based on pre-defined qualifications and availability. Courses can be scheduled for consecutive days or separated as required.
- Flexible Course Definition: Define any number of course types along with duration of the theory and practical elements along with the duration of certification.
- Resource Management: Graphically review course assignments and status by trainer providing the ability to manage training resources as required.
- Course Planning Board: Review upcoming and tentatively scheduled courses with the ability to confirm, cancel or re-schedule courses.
- Training Scorecard Generation: System automatically creates a personalized student scorecard that includes course and location details. Upon course completion, student results are recorded to update student history, certificate expiry and update course re-certification follow up.
- Score Card Statistics & Audit Trail: Track pending, completed, re-scheduled or cancelled courses. An audit trail of all scorecards is automatically recorded in the system and is available to drill down at all times.
- Comprehensive Dashboard Analysis & Reporting: Analyze open, completed or rescheduled student score cards as well as course revenue and potential revenue. Review trainer calendars and scheduled course details.
Management Essentials »
Customer Care »
Team Collaboration »